New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

trouble importing contacts via CSV file

ANSWERED
New Poster

trouble importing contacts via CSV file

I have been tryig to import a CSV file of contacts into xfinity address book.

I click on Build your Address Book  >>  Import  >>  CSV Import, and choose my file. When uploaded, I get same error message over and over "Please specify a valid file."

My CSV file is comma delimited, containing all the fields exactly in order like the example blank template spreadsheet.

Why doesn't it import? Am I missing something?

Please advise,

Accepted Solution

Re: trouble importing contacts via CSV file

If you get a chance please post if you tried using Plaxo's pages to run the import, and if it worked or not. We get this question a lot and I'd like to be able to give posters a reliable answer. Thank you!

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Assuming Windows, can you open the file in Notepad? Does it look OK there?

New Poster

yes, using windows,

It does look exactly like the sample_template.csv file in notepad. 

Is there an option to attach a file in this forum? I could send file to you so you can look it over.......

Shannon

Gold Problem Solver

sman505 wrote:Is there an option to attach a file in this forum? I could send file to you so you can look it over.......

Posting personal information is against forum rules, and that includes email addresses (see http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/m-p/866289#M23).

You could try pasting the file into a private message to me at http://forums.comcast.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1055853

Be aware that you would be turning your data over to a fellow customer, as I am not a Comcast employee.

Gold Problem Solver

I can't get any imports to work in Xfinity Connect. Even if I export my contacts to a .CSV file and then try to import that, it doesn't work.

But your sample file seems to import correctly if I log in to https://www.plaxo.com/ using my Comcast email address and password (Plaxo is the division of Comcast that operates the Xfinity Connect address book). You might give that a try.

Gold Problem Solver

If you get a chance please post if you tried using Plaxo's pages to run the import, and if it worked or not. We get this question a lot and I'd like to be able to give posters a reliable answer. Thank you!

New Poster

Yes,

I was able to sign into Plaxo using my comcast email and password, then import contacts via CSV file into the address book. 

Thank you-

Gold Problem Solver

Thanks much for posting your results, Until such time, if any, as Comcast fixes the import in Xfinity Connect, we have a workaround. Appreciated!   Smiley Wink