Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

transfer from comcast to gmail

New Poster

transfer from comcast to gmail

I followed the basic directions to transfer my contacts and email from comcast to gmail.  My old email transferred but nothing has forwarded since (2 days). Also, my contacts did not transfer.  I can access my contacts through gmail on my iphone but not my desktop (also mac). When I try to retrace my steps, it says I have already imported. Help

Email Expert

Re: transfer from comcast to gmail

Assuming you still have access to the Comcast account, set it to auto-forward to the Gmail address.  Sign in to your account, and then click on My Account at the top of the page. It will ask you to sign in again. That will take you to a page with tabs at the top. The one to the right is "Users and Preferences". Click on that, and it will open a page with Basic and Email settings. Click on Email settings, and look down the page to Forwarding. Click on the greyed out button to the right to turn it on and then follow the prompts.

As for the contacts-------I'm not clear on what you did.  Where is it telling you that you already imported-------Gmail ?  The contacts on the iPhone are in their own address book.  That's why you can see them there.  I'm assuming you are using the Mail app that comes on the phone.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you. It was strange, sometime this morning, my gmail account was flooded with the comcast messages. I followed your advice as well and forwarded future messages and put an auto-reply on incoming messages. Still no contacts. And yes, it was within gmail that it says import happened.

Email Expert

OK so Gmail says the import happened, but none of the contacts appear in the Gmail Address Book?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon