Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

transfer email from recently cancelled comcast account to an existing comcast account

New Poster

transfer email from recently cancelled comcast account to an existing comcast account

My husband recently transferred his comcast account to my residence. Subsequently, I was advised to cancel my account and to keep my email account active so that I wouldn't have to change it, have my email transferrd onto his active comcast account within 5 days. I have tried to add my email to the account under users & preferences, but it shows email in use (me). How do I transfer my email to keep it active? 

Email Expert

Re: transfer email from recently cancelled comcast account to an existing comcast acc

You need to clarify-----did you cancel your own Comcast account?  When you do that, your email is suspended for 90 days, and then the user ID is released into the pool of IDs for any other customer that wants to claim it.  You should have transferred it to the new account before cancelling.  Given the circumstances, call Comcast security and see if they can reinstate your email on the new account---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon