Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

the xfinity connect enables importing accounts from external email so that you can check your emails in a single environment.

New Poster

the xfinity connect enables importing accounts from external email so that you can check your emails in a single environment.

Trying to add my gmail account to my comcast account on the email preferences page.  Where it says add additional accounts  Get error message that says   "can't save" ,   after I add all the info in the data boxes.

The tech help at comcast had no idea what I was talking about.

Tags (1)
Email Expert

Re: the xfinity connect enables importing accounts from external email so that you can check your emails in a single environment.

That's odd because about the only account I've ever gotten to work in that feature is my Gmail account.  I don't use it even for testing because I've found it to be a pain to try and set anything up in it.  Also, I use Mac Mail, so I really have no need for it.  But it should work all the same for people who do want to use it.  It's hard to say why it won't work for you, because as I recall it doesn't give you any reason for rejection, so you have no way of knowing exactly why it won't take the account information.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon