Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

spinng wheel of death

New Poster

spinng wheel of death

Using OS 10.11.6 El Capitan. Have the Activity Monitor up. When I try to access an email, the %CPU climbs to 99+ and soon I have the spinning wheel of death. Have deleted history on Safari but does not help. Same things happens with Firefox. This ONLY happens when checking my email at Comcast.net.

Frequent Visitor

Re: spinng wheel of death

Many similar aspects for me - I have reinstalled El Capitan, blown away cookies as well as the Safari cache. Firefox as well as Chrome do the exact same thing. If I am lucky, read a few messages and POOF spinnorama and I have to close the tab, reload Xfinity and try again. I can maybe type a fw lines in a reply or new email and spin time again. 

I have now had to resort to read email by using Outlook or Apple's Mail application. 

I really believe that the Mac is being teeated as second or event third class.

Contributor

Same thing here.  This comes and goes.  Happened on Wednesday, and last week and then cleared up.  It is back today. I too have done all the usual stuff to no avail.  All other web pages work fine.  It is a Comcast problem, but I've yet to se anyone from Comcast on here explaining it at all.  There have been multiple threads about this.

New Poster

There are several threads about the same thing: the spinning wheel of death on Comcast.  I have the same issue and it seems to me that if we are paying for a service we are not getting that we should be getting a refund from Comcast.  The FCC wsould not be happy to know that people are paying for a service and it is not being delivered nor are solutions being generated.