Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

spam mail

New Poster

spam mail

Why does Comcast allow users to spread spam and fraud e-mails?  I received an e-mail from "WellsFargo" but it is actually from pop7657@comcast.net regarding "action required" to my account.  No, I did not open it, I know better and I don't have a "WellsFargo" account.  Comcast does not have a good spam blocking program. 

Why can't Comcast  have a better way of blocking spam (word that is not allowed) like this?  Your "filter" system does not work.  You need to do better.  In an Outlook e-mail system you can right-click and there is a catagory that says "junk" and "block sender".  Easy.

Customer for 27 or so years.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: spam mail

Anti-spam programs are in a continuous "catch up" mode, by their very nature.  No sooner do they catch all the spam messages, the originators change things, and the cycle begins again.  They can also "spoof" email addresses, such that what you see isn't necessarily what the address really is. 

It's always an ongoing iterative process.  They actually do pretty well.  Relatively little spam gets through to me (maybe less than 10%?), and most of what does gets caught by my email client (Thunderbird).  It comes in waves, but it's an unusual week that I get more than one or two;  usually, not even that much.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation