members

topics

spam in my mail

New Poster

spam in my mail

can i stop spam mail from coming into my email

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: spam in my mail

Nah, it's not new by any means.  It's just on a bad cycle.  Spam filters learn, spammers learn how to get around them, spam filters learn again.  Over and over, on and on, cycles without end.

Some things you can do:  guard your main email address, use a "throwaway" address (Comcast lets you have six addresses, so just make one up and use it on "questionable" registrations.) 

My "main" email address was badly chosen way back when I first got Comcast.  It's pretty darned easy for the spam harvesting machines to figure out.  I still use it as the main one because of elderly parents, relatives and other friends. I'd much rather delete the few spam that actually get through the filters than try to talk them through a address book change! ("Hey, I got to messing around in something called 'the registry', and now my computer isn't working.  Can you fix it, even though you're living 958 miles away??"  Bless their hearts, I really wish I were that fearless!) 

We do have a couple of "private" email addresses (just so we can order each other gifts without the other one knowing about it!) that after 10+ years have never had the first piece of spam.

Email Expert

Re: spam in my mail

@cal72 wrote:

can i stop spam mail from coming into my email

In addition to what Welcome to Post said, you might find these of interest-----------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

and

https://askleo.com/stopping-spam-harder-think/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=In.RoL7ub3dfbL

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation