Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

spam filter is a joke

Regular Visitor

spam filter is a joke

have recently been receiving spam like crazy: offers for security cameras, match.com. adult diapers, replacement windows..you name it they are all over the place.  Ive never seen anything like this and the software is useless to block it which makes me wonder how good it is at everything else it is suppose to do.  The spamming is every day all day and just rediculous. So I have to wonder and ask if Comcast is purposely allowing it and making money selling it these companies/spammers?  I pay a lot for my service and feel like as a customers I am the last to be considered. Sick of it.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: spam filter is a joke

Do you have your Spam filter turned on in Xfinity Connect Preferences?

Are you reporting each spam email you receive by clicking on the Spam icon so the filters can learn it is spam?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

I'm also having my inbox flooded with spam, spam filter is on, report every one as spam, and yet they continue to come in.

I'm not interested in remodeling my bathroom, a reverse mortgage, home warranty, LED flashlights, etc.

This has got to stop, if Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, etc. can properly identify Spam, why can't Comast?

For convenience, I have my all my Comcast accounts forwarded to Yahoo so I can access them in one mobile app, every spam email that Comcast fails to identify, Yahoo puts in my spam folder.

A few months ago, there was some postings from Comcast employees that they were tweaking the spam filters and that we may receive more spam until the filters were finalized.  Well, it's time for Comcast to fix things so users don't have to constantly mark mail as spam when doing so has no effect.

Don't tell me to make sure the spam filter is on, or the numerous ways spammers get around the filters, or that it's my fault; I've had Comcast or its predecessors for over 30 years, and never in all that time has the spam been this prolific, or long lasting.  Enough already, it's time for Comcast to fix THEIR problem

New Poster

My inbox is also being flooded with spam. I have received over 50 emails in less than an hour. I called Comcast and, after being transferred three different times, I was told that Comcast doesn't HAVE filters on their email! Really?

Silver Problem Solver

As always, it's a cat-and-mouse game between the filters and the spammers. The spammers find a hole and quickly exploit it before the filters are adjusted.

For the past week or two, I have been getting alot of the 'Two Ravens Meeting' mails. It's amazing they go through as this has been a spam with virus-infected files for several years!!

Frequent Visitor

The recent burst of junk mail (mostly) appear to be coming from the Netherlands, assuming that any email ending with *.nl originates there.  They cover many subjects; all spam.  

Regular Visitor

Same here, and having this problem for months.  I'm noting the Netherlands (.nl) and Romania (.ro).  I've turned the spam filter on but that hasn't seem to help the spam much.  I've tried using the e-mail filters and wild cards to try and filter them out, but I apparently got too agressive and stopped even legitimate e-mail from coming in.  Now I can't remove entries from the filter, so I have no choice but to create an entirely new filter.  Their e-mail tools definitely need some help.