Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

sort by From

Frequent Visitor

sort by From

I can no longer sort by From in my email. I can sort by all the other column headings. Any suggestins to get this to work again?

Frequent Visitor

Re: sort by From

Looks like the latest "update" to the Comcast Webmail page has actually taken away or altered functionality.  Smiley Sad  So often a disappointing result, when they "enhance" the webmail offering...

Frequent Visitor

Interesting. My husband can still sort by From using his account. I just can't using my account. Any suggestions on where to go from here? I used that sort all the time.

Gold Problem Solver

Are you using the Full or Lite version of Xfinity a Connect?

Comcast is in the process of upgrading all Usernames. We are seeing incidents where the Primary Username was updated, but not all the Secondaries associated with it - yet.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

I am using the full version and i still cannot sort by FROM. Will I ever get this feature back? It really bothers me that I cannot sort this way.

Service Expert

sharronpreston wrote:

I am using the full version and i still cannot sort by FROM. Will I ever get this feature back? It really bothers me that I cannot sort this way.

Are you and your husband using the same browser?  The same computer?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

We use the same computer. I use Firefos. He uses Safari. I tried Safari to if I could sort by FROM. It still would not let me.

New Poster

Ok.  The last postings on this subject were in May.  It is the end of August and there is no solution?  Come on Comcast.  Do you pay attention anymore?

Will this ever be solved?  I would really like an answer/solution.

Email Expert

fuzzyone23 wrote:

Ok.  The last postings on this subject were in May.  It is the end of August and there is no solution?  Come on Comcast.  Do you pay attention anymore?

Will this ever be solved?  I would really like an answer/solution.

What have you tried so far ?  Have you tried using a different browser?  I'm using Full version of XC and I can sort by From.  Have you tried clearing the cache/browsing history in your browser then re-starting it in a fresh session?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I think I just figured this out. Right click in the status bar (blue)> go down to  to "Group By" and chose either None, date, From, Size. This will put a small black down triangle in the box you choose. When you click in that box i.e. From, your email will sort acending or decending. How this helps.

Frequent Visitor

Hio, Thanks for your help.  I tried this, but I still can't get the triangle to appear in the FROM box. I can sort by Subject, Date, Size, but I cannot sort by FROM. 

Email Expert

I'm assuming you are using the default Full version of Xfinity Connect----------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools".

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon