Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

slow email

New Poster

slow email

My email has been running slowly for weeks.  I frequently get prompted to "recover comcast.net?" or "comcast.net is not responding."  What's the deal with this?  It takes forever to check email and delete old messages.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem or is there a known problem with the comcast servers?  I've sent a message to comcast and never received a response.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: slow email

I have the same problem with slow reacting email.  My message usually says something about "comcast.net not responding due to long running script"  Very irritating

New Poster

I read something about a compatability issue with IE11.  I just started using chrome and the problem is solved!

New Poster

No, it doesn't matter what browser you use, emails are WAY too slow.

Comcast needs to adjust their script or something. I have an i7 and a solid state drive and a very fast internet connection. Their servers are fine but It takes 4 seconds to get to the email and about 5 seconds to completely load which is too slow.

I have to double click to view emails and it takes 1-3 seconds for those to load. Its nice that they have tabs for emails but it takes .60 seconds to go to another tab.

Also, if you have too many tabs open, the email seems to freeze up.

Lastly, why are they advertising on our emails? This isn't a free service so there is no need for it. I understand google and yahoo, but No, I payed a huge install fee and monthly payments.

END RANT time for solution - Under preferences and then general, switch to the lite version. Its much faster but your missing some features like TABS!!!!!!

Come on comcast! Its not hard to make a good email for your costomers.

New Poster

i totally agree with your deserved "rant."  after using chrome for awhile the email service from comcast continues to be too slow.  THe ads are RIdiculous!  We do pay very well for our internet service and it should not take so long to load emails.  Comcast needs to fix these issues!

New Poster

Still slow..................................... Just saying. Lite version is inconvient too.

New Poster

Slow on IE; slow on Firefox; slow on Chrome, BUT only on one PC on my network. It is OK on the other PC.  Both running Win7. Looked at every setting and can't figure it out.

Frequent Visitor

After switching to comcast tv and droping Directtv my e-mail has been very very very slow!!!! I have wait for all the ads on the riht hand side to download after every operation. I wish there was a better internet provider I would there now! but I am going to switch to a different platform for email maybe it will help. what good is Blast 105 if you can not use email with any speed . extremely frustated.

Frequent Visitor

4 seconds is fast . I wait about 30tom 45 sec for email to laod and then about 30 between every operation

Contributor

It's kinda funny how they offer "Recommendations"  that link to more threads reporting the same problem. So you can post in those too, and it looks like the whole system is BLOWING UP, when you're really just bumpin' old threads to the top. But hey, it's their system...

So I'm "Supporting the community" as they say, by offering my recommendation: Switch to another service. Please give me an "approved solution" checkmark badge. Yay!

As I said in another of these threads, I theorize it's the ads they're serving that are shouldering past the e-mails. The server spends so much time pushing through those all-important ads, the message we're trying to read stands little chance. And hey, we're paying for this! C'mon Comcr*pst.