Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

slow and nonloading email

New Poster

slow and nonloading email

Why does it take so long to load my email account?

Email Expert

Re: slow and nonloading email

How are you accessing the email?  On a computer with just a browser, or in a desktop email client, or on a tablet or what?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Very Slow Email

My email has been really slow. It gets hung up and the little twirly things keeps going around and around. This has been happening a lot over the last several days. It is July 24, 2017. Ever since they made all those changes lately, the email has been slow to send, slow to save, slow to redraw, slow to open, slow to delete. It is extremely irritating. I pay a lot of money to Comcast Xfinity for this "fast" internet service. I work from my home and need my email to function properly. I can't sit there and watch the stupid thing twirl. What's going on?! How do you contact them and tell them that something is wrong? Will they do anything about it? Does the chat thing work, or will it be someone who takes hours and doesn't do anything to fix it. Are there some settings or something? Isn't this happening to anyone else!? It almost seems that I have to delete my "sent" and "trash" and more to get it to work faster. That's crazy! I hardly have any emails in there! I used to get a gig or 10 gigs or something and the amount used was showing up on the email screen how much space I had left. I never came close to filling it up and I hardly ever deleted anything. Now it seems like I am limited to a little bitty amount of space or my email program will be really slow. I am so mad!

New Poster

Re: Very Slow Email

I have been experiencing the same slowness, primarily on my smartphones. Emails are downloaded at an acceptable speed on my laptop. Also my wife does not experience the slowness on her smartphone or tablet. She did not get a recent upgrade request that I did. Since the upgrade I have had slowness, 30 seconds to load all the emails on the preview screen, then another 30 seconds to load the email, longer if there are several pictures.

I would appreciate any help that is available.

Bruce

Email Expert

Re: Very Slow Email

First thing to try-------------------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.
If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon