Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

sending multi address emails

New Poster

sending multi address emails

I was able to with att and hotmail(although limits # sent)  but cannot with comcast,  send an email to multi addresses

I need to send in groups of 30-40 for my homeowner assoc.  I have the list with email addresses divided by a ; which worked with att,  Does not work with comcast.  keeps giving me an error

Service Expert

Re: sending multi address emails

lsextra wrote:

I was able to with att and hotmail(although limits # sent)  but cannot with comcast,  send an email to multi addresses

I need to send in groups of 30-40 for my homeowner assoc.  I have the list with email addresses divided by a ; which worked with att,  Does not work with comcast.  keeps giving me an error

What is the error message?

Have you created a Group in your address book for your HOA?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert

lsextra wrote:

The semi-colon doesn't work with Comcast email.  Try using a comma instead.  But as Again suggested, setting up a group would be better.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

i dont remember the error mssg, but it was something to the effect of unalbe to send.  I do not have a group as I do not want to have 200 homeowners addresses in my address book, which is why I have a list that I paste in

Email Expert

Trying to paste two hundred contacts into the To field will not work, nor can it.  You can establish a separate group in the address book to handle the HOA, but understand that in a residential account you can only send to a maximum of 100 contacts per email, and a total of 1000 per day.  The sending limits are found here-------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/limitations-on-sending-email/

If you want to send to a lot of contacts beyond those limits you need to get a business class account.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon