Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

sending a group message

New Poster

sending a group message

I cleared out old addresses (last semester students) from from an email group I called Tuesday Lab and entered a new set of addresses (students for this semester). The group now has 25 email addresses in it. When I compose a message in "New" and type "T" on the  "To" bar and select  "Tuesday Lab" I get an empty group set. Why is the address book not comunicating witht he new screen?

Thanks

Email Expert

Re: sending a group message

There are actually two copies of the address book.  One each in the default Full version of Xfinity Connect, and the other in the Lite version.  The one in Lite is the "master" copy.  Try setting up the group in the Lite version and see if it "takes" in the Full one.  From the Inbox screen go to Preferences>>>>>General>>>>>Version.  Change to the Lite version.  It will save automatically.  Then go into the Address Book and set the group up.  If it doesn't work, then try having the address book re-synced--------------

You need to send an email to helpme@sv.comcast.com In the subject line put "Need Slow Sync of Address Book". In the body of the message describe the problem, and make sure you include the email address with the issue. It can take up to 24 hours for the re-sync to work.

The address book is actually supplied by a company called Plaxo. The two copies  are supposed to be synced with each other. Once in a while they can get out of sync and it will cause these kinds of problems.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: sending a group message

the response to my problem was very helpful, at least insofar as I understand the source of the problem. I found that if I waited for an hour or so, the information transfered between Lite and Full and I was able to send out the group mailing that I was not able to send previously. I had no trouble afterwards entering my second and third class lists.

Thanks again