Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

secondary email after discontinuation of service

Regular Visitor

secondary email after discontinuation of service

My husband and I are seperating and I am the secondary user on our account. I know that we can still use our emails even without comcast service any longer but my question is, What happens when we are in 2 different households. How can I seperate my "account" from his? Otherwise it is my understanding that he will still have "primary" account access over mine. 

Email Expert

Re: secondary email after discontinuation of service

I think there is a way to use your account on your own but I'm not sure what the procedure is.  I will suggest you call Comcast security and see if they can guide you in this.  I have seen similar scenarios in the forum where a family member is moving out of a parent's home and wants to take the email with them.  The parent has to go to a Comcast service center with the child and transfer ownership of that user ID.  It's a bit of a job but I think it can be done.  But yes if your husband is the primary account holder, he technically "owns" any secondary accounts set up under his.  It's going to make a difference too, if you intend to get your own Comcast service.

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation