Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

save emails to other computer

New Poster

save emails to other computer

How do I save selected email folder-content to an external-harddrive prior to a computer replacement? Second question: can Xfinity-emails be converted to MSWord `.docx'-files?

Email Expert

Re: save emails to other computer

Comcast email is webmail, much the same as Yahoo mail, Outlook.com, Gmail and so on.  There is no easy way to directly save webmail to a computer.  In order to do that you would need to enable the account in a desktop email client like Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Outlook or something like that, and then you could back it up to an external drive.  Then you could transfer the backed up client profile to another computer.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: save emails to other computer

You don't need to move them anywhere. When you log in to the comcast website on your new computer, they'll still be there. You can log in to comcast anywhere there is a computer connected to the intenet and look at your mail.