Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

retreiving emails from trash folder that has been emptied. I See mention of icon to retreive

Frequent Visitor

retreiving emails from trash folder that has been emptied. I See mention of icon to retreive

stupid me,  I thought the e-mails via the xfinity web page wouldn't delete the downloaded ones in Mozzila Thunderbird.   

So anyways.   I read mentions of "Right Click Trash" and you should see a pop up that will let you retreive.

There is no pop that comes close to that,.    Right Clicking the trash icon brings up Internet Explorer or Firefox specific functions like "Inspect Elements"

The Help? link and Ask Comcast Link in the upper right hand corners don't work.  When clicked, Xfinity asks me if "I" made a mistake with the URL.

Me?   Are you kidding?

Maybe this mention of retirieving trashed e-mail is for phones.  The screen shots kind of look like phones.

Because https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search definitely doesn't have that feature

Frequent Visitor

Re: retreiving emails from trash folder that has been emptied. I See mention of icon to retreive

so there is connect and connect lite.   I only see connect.  connect has the ability to retreive trashed e-mails.  So, where I is the ability?

I love this in e-mail preferences

XFINITY Preferences

You're in control.

Manage application settings for all the features you use in XFINITY Connect, like:

Note: not all features are available to all subscribers. To learn more about XFINITY Connect features, visit our

VISIT OUR WHAT??????

The Help? link on the main e-mail page that doesn't work?

I guess one of the features missing for this subscriber is words for some subscribers.

Email Expert

Re: retreiving emails from trash folder that has been emptied. I See mention of icon to retreive

Did you right-click on the Trash folder in the Comcast webmail UI, or the one in Thunderbird?  You need to click on the one in the webmail.  Then you will see the option to "Recover Deleted Items".  In the new email format it looks like this-----------------

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 1.32.47 PM.jpg

It looks similar in the old format.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

No, I found it after going around and around with Xfinity people via chat and a phone call just now.

The problem is your screen shot shows Xfinity Connect.  I was using Xfinity Lite.  Why/how I have no idea.  Didn't know there was more than 1 way to see e-mails on a PC.

I found this on my own.  While Xfinity tried real hard they couldn't do it.  Saturday night via chat, the person recommended Xfinity Connect for Andriod.  I don't have a smart phone

so he suggested downloading an Andriod Emulator and then the Xfinity Connect App.   500 MB later (2 PCs because the 1st wasn't robust enough) I got the App to work.  Still nothing to the right of "Trash".

The person I just got off the phone with had me go to e-mail preferences.  Fiddled with some stuff and still no go

For yucks I went into General Preferences and saw I was using the LITE version.

The LITE version does not have the retrieval function.  Also it is not a right click of the 3 line "More Actions" ICON (it may be for the Andriod App) , on a PC it is a  down

carat click.

Changed it. 

XFINITY General Preferences - Opera_2017-08-28_17-09-25.jpg

Then went back to e-mail page and it wouldn't load.  Got a pop up about a linked e-mail address not being set up properly.  Was set to POP3 and should

have been IMAP

After that was fixed

XFINITY Connect Trash - Opera_2017-08-28_17-15-11.jpg

and sucess

I guess they are working under the assumption that no one is using LITE  instead of everyone is using CONNECT.

Hey Xfinity.  If someone in the future has the same issues, start off with General Preferences.

My next step after replying to you is to start up the Andriod Emulator again and the Xfinity Connect app inside it.  I'm interested to see if my changing to Connect via the PC will carry over to the Android app.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Email Expert

The Recovery feature is not offered in Lite, only in the Full version.  The image I posted is of the new email format.  At some point you will be migrated to that, and there is no Full/Lite version.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon