Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,807,036

members

77

online now

1,952,895

discussions

Top

refernce scc-1905

New Poster

refernce scc-1905

 I am getting emails that I forward back with this message - any suggestions? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: refernce scc-1905

 


franklt wrote:

 I am getting emails that I forward back with this message - any suggestions?     

 


Check out this thread

.

 

New Poster

Re: refernce scc-1905

I have checked my address book and the invalid characters are not there.  But when I select the name in the address book in SmartZone it adds the characters.  How is it doing this?  If this is causing it then SmartZone is the problem. For example I have Sam Smith as a name in the address book so email address is sam.smith@email.com but when I forward an email the to line puts "Sam Smith" <sam.smith@email.com>.  It makes no sense as I do not have the quotes or the <> in my address book. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: refernce scc-1905

 


franklt wrote:

I have checked my address book and the invalid characters are not there.  But when I select the name in the address book in SmartZone it adds the characters.  How is it doing this?  If this is causing it then SmartZone is the problem. For example I have Sam Smith as a name in the address book so email address is sam.smith@email.com but when I forward an email the to line puts "Sam Smith" <sam.smith@email.com>.  It makes no sense as I do not have the quotes or the <> in my address book. 


Well, like I said in one of my posts in that thread I referenced, it is a bit confusing. What you show above should work fine. The "<" ">" characters displayed/added by Smartzone in the To: line won't cause a problem, a problem would arise if *you* had added one of those characters to the email address in your address book. Are you sure you have sam.smith@ and not sam,smith@ (dot vs comma) in your address book? The comma would cause the problem. If the address looks fine, I'd try deleting and then readding the email address.

 

New Poster

Re: refernce scc-1905

Why does this SCC-1905 keep coming up every time I want to forward an e-mail??????

Gold Problem Solver

Re: refernce scc-1905

 


TPinho3385 wrote:

Why does this SCC-1905 keep coming up every time I want to forward an e-mail??????


 

Because one or more of the addresses that you are forwarding to has an invalid character.


JR

New Poster

Re: refernce scc-1905


JR071702 wrote:

 


TPinho3385 wrote:

Why does this SCC-1905 keep coming up every time I want to forward an e-mail??????


 

Because one or more of the addresses that you are forwarding to has an invalid character.


JR


That answer is not correct.  It happens with ALL addresses.

Connection Expert

Re: refernce scc-1905

Four and a half year old thread now being closed.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon