Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

redirection mail.comcast.net to Xfinity.com

Frequent Visitor

redirection mail.comcast.net to Xfinity.com

I use a bookmark (mail.comcast.net etc.) to view my mail.  Lately clicking it redirects to Xfinity.com and I am on the unwanted Xfinity homepage where I need to click again the mail icon to get to the actual address that is in my bookmark.  I have checked the correctness of my bookmark address.   When I arrive on the homepage it shows my name in the corner so this is not a sign-in issue.  How do I  turn off redirection and stop this annoying time and tab wasteing exersize.  I have NO interest in viewing the [Explitive] on the home page.

Email Expert

Re: redirection mail.comcast.net to Xfinity.com

Anytime you try to save a bookmark, url, icon or shortcut to the email Inbox page, sooner or later it will start reverting to the Xfinity homepage.  Sorry but that is just the nature of the beast.  The only reliable way to side-step it is to enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Windows Live Mail etc.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

When I check my bookmarked address  [using Shift, Cmd, B ] I can see all my bookmark addresses and the change is not happening there.   The redirection occurs when I click the one for my mail and I see the address bar change like some virus taking me to a fraudulent site.

Gold Problem Solver

dngross8 wrote: I use a bookmark (mail.comcast.net etc.) to view my mail. ...

Try https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/

Frequent Visitor

Tried shortening the URL as you suggested but that only worked for a day,  But I have found that if I use the bookmark to instead go to the voice-mail first  < https://vm.connect.comcast.net/ >  that one has not been tampered with YET.

The voice-mail screen then has buttons for the email and other things which do go to where one wants to go, including the home page if I ever want to see some more advertising!