Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"web page is slowing your browser"

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I keep getting "web page is slowing your browser". I have un-installed Adobe Flash Player and do not have Shock-wave. Stops my computer incessantly expecially when on Comcast email. How do I stop it?

4 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 5

CBhist wrote:

I keep getting "web page is slowing your browser". I have un-installed Adobe Flash Player and do not have Shock-wave. Stops my computer incessantly expecially when on Comcast email. How do I stop it?

In the time it took me to register and respond, the very same error message you have been getting occured for me six times. I have been experiencing the same issue for months now, and it seems to occur whenever I have a Comcast-related page open such as XFinity Connect to check my email which is a complete and utter disaster. Whomever decided to completely change the Comcast mail service into XFinity Connect should be fired. It takes several minutes just to log into my email, and when I do, it is laggy, and bogged down with constant ads, etc. When I send an email, sometimes it goes to the drafts folder instead of the sent folder. It is getting beyond frustrating and to think, I actually am paying for this experience. Leaving Comcast is looking better and better every day. With regards to the "web page is slowing down your browser" problem I have not been able to solve it either. I have tried everything that people have suggested and the issue persists.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 3 of 5

I have not yet found ANYONE to address this problem. I've done all that was suggested including a complete uninstall/re-install of Mozilla Firefox - no extensions, add-ons etc.; cleared cache from computer & browser.   When accessing my Comcast email, this incessant 'web site slowing your browser' impedes and stops everything. The little blue "X" for Xfinity keeps blinking and the 'web site' notice appears again. I can access through Google Chrome, but it is starting the same 'blinking blue X' too.   My new anti-virus program now shows "stops phishing attempt" - but only when I'm on Comcast email.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 5

I agree with your assessment.  Comcast mail and the switch to XInfinity Connect seems to be the problem for me too.

Why can't they fix this?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

Hello All, I show that the email platform has been updated since your last post. If you are still having issues with your Comcast web pages slowing your browser down please send me a private message with your full address by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me" Thanks.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon