Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified" VISTA

New Poster

"the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified" VISTA

So, for the last week I have been struggling with emailing from ONE of my accounts.  I have three different email accounts that I use on the same laptop and smart phone.  The settings appear to be identical on all three.  2 will send emails but 1 is no longer sending emails.

Today's message is "the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificates CN does not match the passed value. Do you want to continue using this server? Yes or No"

If it is related, I have been getting the "Comcast Email Sending Limit Exceeded" messages for months. In fact, I continue to get those messages this week even though I have no sent a message in about 7 days.  

For all 3 accounts:

Using POP3

pop.comcast.net for incoming

stmp.comcast.net for outgoing

My laptop is ancient, using Vista. However, as noted above, the other two email accounts (both Comcast) are working perfectly. 

Email Expert

Re: "the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified

Just to point out--------the incoming server is mail.comcast.net--------see here

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/?

I don't think the computer is the problem.  What client are you using---------Windows Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook?  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: "the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified

dddd11111 wrote: ... stmp.comcast.net for outgoing ...

The sending server should be "smtp.comcast.net".