Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"This Message has no text content" Could/Should I Automatically move to spam?

New Poster

"This Message has no text content" Could/Should I Automatically move to spam?

I am on a Spam list that sends me several e-mails a day.  The hard part of blocking it is that the address is bounced from different unprotected sites each time.  Additionally, there is not a specific pattern in the titles to effectively identify a rule that will block these messages.

The one characteristic I can spot is that when looking at the title and seeing the content under the summary view, Comcast presents a message "This Message Has No Text Content." 

I contemplated filtering on the Body, with a filter "Does Not Contain" and use a wild card " * ".  It seems to me that would eliminate anything that has nothing but a picture in it, which these are.  On the flip side, it seems overkill, for if a friend sends me a picture without any explantion, I ain't gonna see it.

There's gotta be a better way.  Any other thoughts?

Email Expert

Re: "This Message has no text content" Could/Should I Automatically move to spam?

Trying to use filters to block spam is not very effective for the reason you mention------spammers keep changing the messages to try to bypass filtering systems.  About the only thing you can do is keep marking them as Spam if they get to your Inbox.  You should find these short articles of interest---------------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

and

https://askleo.com/stopping-spam-harder-think/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=In.RoL7ub3dfbL

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon