Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

promotions are blocking the mail and in box column

Frequent Visitor

promotions are blocking the mail and in box column

Why are the promotional advertisements blocking the left column that includes mail and in box folders?  It ius really annoying. remove it lower it so mail can be expanded! 

New Poster

Re: promotions are blocking the mail and in box column

I've been trying all day to fix the smaee problem I've had no luck at all? I'm not sure how to fix this?Its driving me crazy.

New Poster

I have the same problem, and all day I tried to get them to move down.  Will they do anything if we call them and complain???

Regular Visitor

FIX IT! OR I AM GOING TO GOOGLE.

Contributor

I would like to add my vote on this...it needs to be changed.  It used to be just one promo and down lower in the space so there was more room for viewing folders. 

Regular Contributor

I've said it before and will say it again.

Comcast, please get rid of the "Promotions" box which contains nothing but scam ads that if

someone was stupid enough to click on, would likely drop malware on your computer.  The revenue

stream from this advertiser can't be enough to offset your customers' being royally pi**ed off.

Frequent Visitor

I have left messages all week for Comcast to remove these promotional ads!  They are annoying!

Frequent Visitor

Please remove them...they are annoying and serve no purpose!

New Poster

Thank you comcast it now is great just one more problem.  I can't get my nmouse to open the url on my email.  It has to be the email as it does not do that to anything else.  It is very frustrating, you have to open the right click and view it as a web page....Here is hoping

Official Employee

For those experiencing the promotions space "blocking" the folder area on the left side, what is your screen resolution set to?

You can right click on the desktop and select screen resolution to see what it is or maybe easier you can goto http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Did not do anything but problem has resolved to better than before. It is still "MY" screen and I AM PAYING for it, not for Comcast to try to squeeze a cent from someone.

Email Expert

JIMMYC wrote:

Did not do anything but problem has resolved to better than before. It is still "MY" screen and I AM PAYING for it, not for Comcast to try to squeeze a cent from someone.

This is a sudden problem that a lot of folks are having, and Comcast is looking into it.  In the meantime, as a work-around, switch from the default Full version of Xfinity Connect to the Lite version, and you should be able to see all your folders.  From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>General>>>>Versions.  Make the change there.  It's a good work-around until Comcast gets this sorted out.  You can also try using a different browser like Chrome.  Ohers are reporting they don't have the problem with Chrome, although some seem to have it with IE or Firefox.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

How is Comcast coming along solving this problem?  Every time I go to my Inbox, I have to wait for all the ads to load.  If I forget and check an email, it takes me to the email and then back out.  If I get an email and it has a link to check out and I do and then I go back, I again have to wait until the ads load.  This is getting ridiculous. 

I also am having trouble with buffering.  It takes an unbelievably long time to get to a site.  When I finally get into the site, it starts the buffering again.  It's crazy.

I have called and when I state my problem, and the rep can't help, I get "disconnected".  Yeah, right.

Can anyone help?  Thanks.

New Poster

Thank you SO MUCH for your help. Your instructions worked PERFECTLY!