Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

printing an e-mail with a MS Word doc embedded

New Poster

printing an e-mail with a MS Word doc embedded

I am active in a volunteer organization and sometimes have to forward MS Word docs to people who do not have MS Office so I copy it into an e-mail and the embedded MS WORD doc or dox prints on like one paragraph a page  - from my backround, I know this is a function of carriage control, but how do I get around it and have one page print on one page

Email Expert

Re: printing an e-mail with a MS Word doc embedded

The problem is that there is no guarantee that a webmail program like Comcast will render the HTML stuff from a word processor----like MS Word----correctly.  Do you have the ability to convert the document to pdf format?  That should work.  As an experiment, when in the Compose page, click on Options above the toolbar.  Then in the menu under Editor, click on Plain Text.  See if that changes anything.  I haven't tried it myself though.  Can't hurt to try.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: printing an e-mail with a MS Word doc embedded

A .pdf is an optimum, however I do not have that ability.  Under "page layout" and "breaks" I did find an option to mark the beginning of  page that seems to have over written the beginning of page carriage control that is put in whenever you start a doc or dox