Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

password

New Poster

password

How do I shut off my password when logging into my computer. I am running Windows 10 with Xfinity.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: password

Don't really understand your question. Explain???

New Poster

RE: password

When I start my computer I am asked for a password that I have to type in. I don't want to have a password to start my computer. I am running windows 10. I would like to know how to shut the password off so I that I could simply start my computer go on line.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: RE: password

Ah, that is much clearer. I am a Mac person, so I cannot be specific about Windows 10.

Look in your user or startup settings.

Service Expert

Re: RE: password

bobmoore16 wrote:

When I start my computer I am asked for a password that I have to type in. I don't want to have a password to start my computer. I am running windows 10. I would like to know how to shut the password off so I that I could simply start my computer go on line.

Please refer to this link from the Windows10 Forum on performing what you are asking to do.  One word of caution, read the entire Thread as other WIndows10 user's do list pros and cons of doing what you wish to do.   http://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-to-disable-login-screen-on-win-10.165/    Good luck!

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon