Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

outgoing email

New Poster

outgoing email

Comcast has been unable to send out my emails out for a number of weeks. I called Comcast and spent half an hour with a customer representative who checked the way the account was set up and said that everything was correct and he didn't know what else to do. It was a waste of time for me to go through the account settings with him because I had already done that and I knew they were correct. What am I supposed to do now? I wanted to email Comcast and ask them to stop billing me until they correct the problem, but there are no options, in the Contact Us section for that.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: outgoing email

Please describe the problem in more detail. What happens if you send an email? Is the problem happening with their Xfinity Connect webmail, an email program, or an app on a mobile device?

If you are you getting any error messages please post them but remove any personal information first. If you post an email address, remove the userID portion but leave the rest. For example, if the message contained the email address "bobsmith@example.net", edit that so it reads "********@example.net" before posting.

New Poster

Re: outgoing email

I am unable to send comcast emails using my Apple mail app. I had been able to do this for years.

(This is from my Mac laptop, OSX Yosemite, version 10.3.3 which I purchased new in January.) I had been able until a few weeks ago to send comcast emails using my Apple mail. Now when I try to send an email a message appears "Cannot send message using the server comcast.net The comcast.net SMTP connection to server 'smtp.comcast.net' failed." Options are then given: Try later to leave the message in your outbox until it can be sent, edit message, try or try with selected server.  There are also choices of editing the SMTP server list or Connection Doctor.