Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Poster

My comcast email account is routed through the apple mail application.  I recently had to change the password on that account and ever since then I can receive mail, however, my outgoing mail is stuck in my out box.  When I went into the Mail System Preferences, it says that my outgoing mail is Offline.  How do I take it back online???

Regular Visitor

I found this out in another thread - check your outgoing e-mail port.  You'll want the port to be 587 not 25.  I had the same issue as well and changing the port worked for me.  Hope this helps.

Bronze Problem Solver

jesstrueblood wrote:

My comcast email account is routed through the apple mail application.  I recently had to change the password on that account and ever since then I can receive mail, however, my outgoing mail is stuck in my out box.  When I went into the Mail System Preferences, it says that my outgoing mail is Offline.  How do I take it back online???

When you changed your password in Mail, did you changed it in BOTH the incoming (POP) and outgoing (SMTP) settings? If you're unsure how to do this, check out this link.

New Poster

Thank you, jesstrueblood.  It would be easier if I didn't have to change my password in four different places.  Or even only one place in Preferences?  Or, if different passwords are needed for in and out going messages,  why not place both on the same Preferences Accounts page?

Gold Problem Solver

Posted to a five year old Thread,  This Thread us now locked,  Yiu may start a NEW Thread though.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.