New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

one locked email folder

ANSWERED
New Poster

one locked email folder

My wife renamed a Comcast email folder. It now locks up the screen when you click on the name. Email must be shut down and reentered to work with all other folders and emails. Anyone ever run into this or have a fix?

Accepted Solution

Re: one locked email folder

About the only other thing I can think of is to enable the account in a desktop email client like Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook or something like that.  Then either rename or delete the folder from there as long as you set it up using IMAP.  If you are on a Windows 10 machine, you could try it using the native Mail app that comes bundled with it.  You should also be able to open it and move any important emails before deleting it if you want to do that instead of renaming it.

Worth a try at any rate.  I'm out of options here.

View answer in context
Tags (3)
Email Expert

I've not encountered it in the forum before.  

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way.

You could also try changing the name of the folder, or delete it and then create a new one.  Just move any emails in it to another temporary folder first.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Latoque wrote:

I've not encountered it in the forum before.  

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way.

You could also try changing the name of the folder, or delete it and then create a new one.  Just move any emails in it to another temporary folder first.

Once the name of the folder is clicked no more operations are possible in that window. So Renaming or Moving the emails out of the folder are not possible unless there is a way to do this without opening the folder. I am guessing the problem is in the name of the folder.

Email Expert

Don't click on it-------right-click it and you should get a menu with the option to rename it without opening it.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Latoque wrote:

Don't click on it-------right-click it and you should get a menu with the option to rename it without opening it.

The right-click on the folder name has the same result. The screen locks and no further action is possible until Task Manager is used to close the window and email is reentered.

Email Expert

About the only other thing I can think of is to enable the account in a desktop email client like Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook or something like that.  Then either rename or delete the folder from there as long as you set it up using IMAP.  If you are on a Windows 10 machine, you could try it using the native Mail app that comes bundled with it.  You should also be able to open it and move any important emails before deleting it if you want to do that instead of renaming it.

Worth a try at any rate.  I'm out of options here.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the help. The idea to use OUTLOOK to link the email account and rename the folder name was successful. Now all the emails can be accessed inside the COMCAST email account. Great Job.