Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

offers4u and Visual Shopper

New Poster

offers4u and Visual Shopper

I have been bedeviled and annoyed by popup ads for weeks.  Offers4u streams a banner containing items for sale across the top of the web page blocking content and access to buttons.  Visual Shopper ads pop out of the right side of screen.  I tried various malware remover services and nothing worked.  The Offers4u website has instructions for deleting the service, but they are bogus.

I found that the source of the adware / malware "infection" was White Sky Services extension that the Comcast / Xfinity "Fast Connect" installed in my brower.  This is bizzarre.  Fast Connect is support to add security to the web environment, not deluge us with ads that we neither asked for or want.

Once I deleted / inactivated the White Sky extension the ads have ceased appearing.  The downside is that Fast Connect no longer works with most of login websites that I use.  Hopefully the ads stay gone.  Has this been the experience of anyone else?

New Poster

Re: offers4u and Visual Shopper

This helped great.  Thanks for the post.

I disabled the White Sky Services as well and poof, the headache disappeared.  I am REALLY disappointed in Xfinity/Comcast. 

XFINITY/COMCAST...What is your problem?  You are supposed to be HELPING your customers, not infecting our PCs with Malware.  I pay a lot of money for the services I am getting, stop hiding malware in things that you say is supposed to help us.

You are erroding ANY trust.

Regular Visitor

Yes, this has been my experience as well.  I remember visual shopper, which was slightly less obtrusive, and you could easily turn it off (once you found the directions!)  However "Offers 4u"  appears much to be tied to the FastConnect extension itself.  Disable/remove the extension, and the Offers4u disappears.  Or, you can keep clicking the "X" in the upper right of the banner to temporarily get it out of the way.

I will probably be changing my password vault service, painful as it is.  I believe Comcast is offering a new one.

New Poster

this also worked for me, like magic, simply disableling white sky fast connect "extension" for Firefox. Thank you very much!   I'm very disappointed in Comcast.  Offers4u had actually made it not possible to complete an online purchase. 

New Poster

I've been having the same issue with intrusive and annoying ads from Visual Shopping. They disappeared after disabling the White Sky Fast Connect add-on.

New Poster

Yes, removing the WhiteSky extension solved the problem. However I cannot use FastConnect now. If I want to use it (which I really like) I must enable the extension. Not having pop uo ads is more important that using FastConnect. Does anyone in Comcast read these forums?---very disappointed in Comcast.