Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

notify you of spam

New Poster

notify you of spam

I keep getting emails from someone using a friend's email but the cursor over name shows it to NOT be from my local friend. I have noted this for some time (months) and had alerted her early on. We have both tried to get this address to stop sending to us but have not as yet been able to stop the incoming emails. We have not clicked on the link in the offending email as we do not know what this person(s) are trying to do. What address can we send these to so that this  person can be stopped?

Email Expert

Re: notify you of spam

You can't.  Have your friend check her Sent folder to see if there is anything in there she knows she didn't send.  If there is, the account has been compromised, and she needs to change her password to something stronger than whatever it is right now.  But most likely what is going on is that a spammer is "spoofing" her email address.  They can make emails look like they are coming from a particular email address when in fact they aren't.  You should both find this of interest----------------------

http://askleo.com/someones-sendin/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=JDZShhIyGJdfbL

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon