Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

not receiving email

ANSWERED
Contributor

not receiving email

I have not received an email since 4/19/2018. I got a text from a friend who says my mail is coming to him. I checked all settings everything is good. Today, 4/22/2018, I have gotten about four emails but still missing a lot of the usuals. Any ideas? I am using Comcast web mail on laptop with Firefox 59.

Accepted Solution

Re: not receiving email

Thanks for the reply. As I said, I checked all the settings and everything is good. All mail was being redirected to another address. No auto forwarding was not checked, everything was good. Yes I ran test from different browser and MS mail. Nothing was going through. Comcast reset mail client and sent test mail that did not go through. That is what was happening.

Notice I am saying "was". I found the problem. My wife had set up a filter for someones email to be returned to them. Although it looked like it was set up correctly it was sending all of my mail to them. The problem started the same time she created the filter which is the only way I discovered it. I deleted the filter and the mail started working ok. Maybe this will help someone else someday. Thanks.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Can you clarify----------when you say your email is going to your friend, is he/she getting ALL of your email or just certain ones?  Did you check your account settings to see if you have your account set to auto-forward your email to them?

As a test, try sending yourself a message from some other account you have like Gmail, Yahoo or Mail.com.  Does it get through OK?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks for the reply. As I said, I checked all the settings and everything is good. All mail was being redirected to another address. No auto forwarding was not checked, everything was good. Yes I ran test from different browser and MS mail. Nothing was going through. Comcast reset mail client and sent test mail that did not go through. That is what was happening.

Notice I am saying "was". I found the problem. My wife had set up a filter for someones email to be returned to them. Although it looked like it was set up correctly it was sending all of my mail to them. The problem started the same time she created the filter which is the only way I discovered it. I deleted the filter and the mail started working ok. Maybe this will help someone else someday. Thanks.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation