members

topics

not receiving email from msn.com to comcast,net

New Poster

not receiving email from msn.com to comcast,net

i cant receive msn.com email on my comcast.net account please help

Email Expert

Re: not receiving email from msn.com to comcast,net

Is the sender getting any bounce or error message?  Do you have an MSN/Outlook.com account of your own you can use to send a test message from?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

the sender is not getting a bounce back. I am using connect.xfinity.com/apsuite.     web mail...   I do not use outlook 

This issue started on thursday afternoon received from sender in the morning  then nothing since

spam filter is off and there has never been any thing in that folder

I have heard  there is some communication errors between msn and comcast.net is this true

Email Expert

I have an MSN/Outlook.com account.  I have 3 Comcast email accounts at the moment.  I just sent a test message from the MSN one to all three of the Comcast accounts.  All three arrived within a few seconds with no issue.  There is no ongoing issue between MSN and Comcast that I am aware of, although it's always possible to have problems between email systems on a sporadic basis.  The only other thing I can suggest is that you call Comcast security and ask them to see if there is any blocking issue for the particular sender in question-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am in the Portland metro area. I just found out that I am not getting any email from msn users. Apparently this has been going on for at least a week.

I found out because a msn user could not understand why several people were not responding to her emails. I turned out that every email to people with comcast email were not getting her emails.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

New Poster

I have the same problem and it started on Friday morning.

New Poster

Yes, I am in the San Francisco East Bay area, and I also am not receiving any msn emails.  As other users describe, the problem began mid-day last Thursday.  I can receive mail from other domains, and my outgoing mail is received properly by msn users.  No bounce messages, nothing in spam.  This is occuring on both my desktop using the comcast appsuite via Firefox and on my iPhone 7 using standard Apple Mail. 

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here in Albuquerque, New Mexico this weekend.  Definitely something going on.

New Poster

For everyone experiencing this issue, I opened a ticket with Comcast this afternoon (3rd level support or so they told me, 888-565-4329).  Ticket number is NA249663731 if anyone wants to piggyback off the 3 hours of my life I spent on chat and phone with Comcast support....

New Poster

update: the msn sender recieved bounce backon sunday (Emails floating around in cyber space for 2-3days)

all the emails he sent to our customers who have comcas.net email addresses have bounced back

I have contacted comcast security ticket # NA249663308 teir 2. The tech said there is an escalation and he would reescalate,  and it would take 72 hours to look into the issue, whatever that means. 

I was told that there is a communcation error between msn outgoing and comcast incoming servers.

i guess we comcast customers get to suffer while msn and comcast duke it out as to whose problem it is

Frequent Visitor

I spent time yesterday (March 11th) on the phone with Comcast. My ticket No. is NA249663695. I didn't feel like the three people I talked to really understood what is going on. Someone else wrote on Microsoft's community board that they thought the problem had something to do with Outlook and MSN.

I can't figure out a way to contact Microsoft. Except for Windows 10, I don't use any Microsoft products.

New Poster

Comcast is blocking emails from MSN.  MSN user can receive my emails, but I can't receive any from them.

@fdsago wrote:

i cant receive msn.com email on my comcast.net account please help

New Poster

Same problem, mine started Friday.

No one at Comcast security is helpful.

New Poster

I feel your pain.  My problem started Friday, March 9th as well.  MSN customers can get my emails, but they can't respond.  They get a kickback message eventually, but there's a delay between attempting to send the email and when they get the kickback message.  I've been on the phone with Comcast more times this past weekend than I want to think about!  The opened a ticket for me as well, and so far, they've been completely useless.

New Poster

Finally, I spoke with someone in Security Assurance and they said Comcast is aware and working on it. We will see.
Regular Visitor

Having the same problem. Comcast admitted this morning that it is a known issue. They told me to have the MSN customer contact MSN.

Frequent Visitor

As of 5:00pm March 12th a whole raft of emails arrived on my Comcast email from MSN users. Looks like the problem has been fixed.

Regular Visitor

Comcast may have fixed the problem for everyone. Received several MSN emails today starting at 5 pm west coast time.

Frequent Visitor

I am now receiving MSN emails too.  Thanks to those who took time out of their day to contact Comcast and help get this issue resolved.

New Poster

I had a bunch of emails from MSN tonight when I got home so the problem appears to be fixed.  Thank you to those who contacted Comcast and got this resolved.

New Poster

I”m not able to receive my e-mail
Email Expert

I just tried it and it works just fine for me.  Is the sender getting any kind of error or bounce message?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation