Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

new email format so slow

New Poster

new email format so slow

Why is the new email format Xfinity switched to so much slower than the old format?

Very frustrating! Can we switch back?

Regular Visitor

Re: new email format so slow

It is indeed----SLOW!  I'm so frustrated on a near daily basis with pretty much ALL of COMCAST's services. The new email is truly a nightmare and I don't understand how they can get away with providing such a poor user experience.  Half the time I click on an email message to open it, and there is no message displayed but instead a little envelope icon where the message should appear. Go back to the inbox, click on other messages, and they do the same thing.  Ridiculous!  Shut out of everything Comcast-related, reopen everything, and sometimes that works.   

If that issue is not happening then something else usually is, like hitting send to an email reply and it just spins and never sends until it ultimately throws an error message.  Some people use this email system as their main email (I do) for work-related business.  It has become highly unreliable and I may have to rethink using it at this point.  

I think COMCAST should focus on the products they already provide users and get those things working "better" rather than force-feeding commercials down our throats about the XFINITY platform, voice remotes, business-class service, XFINITY Home (security), tauting the fasted interent speeds, etc.  It's all a buch of B.S. and quite aggrevating for those of us who actual do pay for the services they claim to provide but do not deliver well.  

It's awesome watching television and getting little bleeps and freezing on the screen - that issue seems to have crept up again and seems to be the norm on all of my TVs with the smaller Xfinity digital adapters (which we are charged to use).  And on that topic, why the heck hasn't COMCAST developed better digital adapters that enable the user to get all of the programs they pay for, which currently can only be viewed via the bigger set top boxes?  I'm paying for HBO; why can't I watch that in my bedroom via the digital adapter, for instance?  They claim to be cutting-edge but they are years behind.  Even DISH and Direct enable full channel lineup regardless of device.  I'm just so over this company and this reply is making me realize that I may need to make the change sooner than later.

Nothing is FAST that COMCAST delivers.  The user interface for the XFINITY onDemand platform is a nightmare.  TALK ABOUT SLOW.  Scrolling across the top seven tabs just to get to "Networks" to do a search is ridiculous.  Who organized this layout?  Music, Kids, News, Sports, etc. come before Networks?  And waiting for the "cover art" images to open for programs in each section before advancing...poor user experience. I don't need to see art images for each program. It always lags and bogs down until finally reaching the category wanted.  All in all, things are just getting worse, not better, and we continue to get charged higher prices regardless. Ranting about these issues feels good, but little will be done to rectify the problems.