Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

new email address not saving in group

Frequent Visitor

new email address not saving in group

My new email addresses I am adding to my "group" are not receiving my emails. Anybody else having this problem?

Email Expert

Re: new email address not saving in group

When you put the group in the To: or other fields, do the names display?  Check the Sent folder and look at the header in the message to see if they are there.  Are you getting any error message when you send?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Their names do not show up in the email header even though they show up in the group in the address book. I started a new group and entered 4 names in it that were not working in the 1st group yesterday and sent a test email out. Have received only 1 confirmation of receipt so far, but when I checked group 2 in the address book today, only 1 name shows up. What has Comcast done to our email????

Email Expert

Try signing out of the account and back in again.  Do the contacts show up then?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

As it turns out, there is a limit of 50 email addresses for a group.  It would have been nice if there had been some kind of warning that I had exceeded that amount instead of allowing me to enter 10 more addresses that showed in the group, but did not show up when sending out emails. So I've got members that have not received email reminders from me for at least 6 months. Nice. Not.

Email Expert

@rogerjan wrote:

As it turns out, there is a limit of 50 email addresses for a group.  It would have been nice if there had been some kind of warning that I had exceeded that amount instead of allowing me to enter 10 more addresses that showed in the group, but did not show up when sending out emails. So I've got members that have not received email reminders from me for at least 6 months. Nice. Not.

Who told you about this limit?  This is new to me.  The maximum number of recipients per message is supposed to be 100.  1000 per day for residential accounts.  Putting them in a group should make no difference.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

New to us too. My husband had it pop up when he was trying to (I believe) to add a couple more addresses to a group email he was sending out. All I know, is I removed names from one group, entered a new group name added them in and voila, people are now getting their emails.  is there any way to verify with Xfinity the limitation on group addresses?

Email Expert

I'll see if I can find out.  If there is such a limit it might be because of the new Appsuite software.  The old Zimbra version had no such group limit.  But I won't hear anything until next week in light of the holiday weekend.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

If I enter the group name in email at the "To:" It does not recognize any of the new names that have been entered since it reached the 50 people allowed. I had to set up a second group name. I named it XXXX A-R and XXXXS-W. But I have to go to the address book and select the group A-R from there. I have to repeat it again for the second group S-W.  This means I have to send two separate emails. Not really convenient.

By the way, and you can recreate this for yourself, If you have more than 50 names in a group, when you select the group from the address book, that is where the message from calendar.comcast.net says "The maximum email recipients at one time is 50, you have selected 57. Please limit your selection."

Hope this helps...

Email Expert

I haven't heard anything back from my inquiry, so I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  I would like to see an answer to this myself.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Having same issue. Just started today. I try to enter a group in the "to" section of email and it does not show any of the contacts. I can go to the groups and they have the contacts there. Please advise....there was no problem sending groups with contacts listed just a few days ago????
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation