members

online now

discussions

new Xfinity web mail format

ANSWERED
Contributor

new Xfinity web mail format

Smiley SadProblems with the  "new" Xfinity webmail format:

(1) the auto-completion for email addresses does not bring up the correct contact!

(2) when the "Trash" folder is supposedly emptied, the number to the left does not decrease;

(3) the font of incoming messages is too small and too light;

(4) the sympols across the top (such as delete etc,) are very light and cheap looking.

Surely this must be a beta format?!

Can't these be improved or fixed?

Or, can we have the option (please!) of going back to the older, "classic" format?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: new Xfinity web mail format

If a contact is in the address book, or if you have actually sent an email to them previously, it should appear in the auto-fill unless you have disabled it.  What number to the left of the Trash folder are you referring to?  I have no such number in the webmail interface.  The font on incoming messages is controlled by the sender, unless it's a font that is not supported in the Appsuite software, in which case it will use the default font.  If it's too small, on a Windows machine, hold down the Cntrl key, then tap the - key to reduce it, the + key to increase it, or the 0 (zero) key to return it to the default.  The buttons/icons are nothing peculiar to Comcast email.  Take a look at an iCloud or Outlook.com account and you will see what I mean.

And no, once you have been migrated there is no way to revert to the old format.

View answer in context
Email Expert

If a contact is in the address book, or if you have actually sent an email to them previously, it should appear in the auto-fill unless you have disabled it.  What number to the left of the Trash folder are you referring to?  I have no such number in the webmail interface.  The font on incoming messages is controlled by the sender, unless it's a font that is not supported in the Appsuite software, in which case it will use the default font.  If it's too small, on a Windows machine, hold down the Cntrl key, then tap the - key to reduce it, the + key to increase it, or the 0 (zero) key to return it to the default.  The buttons/icons are nothing peculiar to Comcast email.  Take a look at an iCloud or Outlook.com account and you will see what I mean.

And no, once you have been migrated there is no way to revert to the old format.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Latoque,

Thank you for your helpful response.

Sorry, I meant the number to the right of the Trash folder, which will not disappear even when I empty the folder.

(I see the new colors offered for text are much fewer than the old format offered).

I guess I wlll adjust to the new webmail format, athough so far I don't see any major improvement nor need for a new format.

I suppose when a company employs a bunch of software writers, they must justfy their existence by coming up with new programs or formats, whether needed or not!

Again, thanks for your assistance and comments. Much appreciated.

FCG

Email Expert

Because of my position in the forums as an Email Expert, I have to try to remain neutral about one format over the other.  The rollout has been overly long and trouble-prone, but it is coming along.  Once it's all up and running I think it will be just fine.  It is Comcast's attempt to "keep up with the Joneses" in terms of the world of mobile device usage.  Almost half of Comcast account log-ins now are on mobile devices, and the new format is a concession to that reality.  Yet they are still trying to make it equally compatible with desktop and laptop computers.

I do like the new format-------when it all works like it's supposed to. It has some nice features.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Latoque,

What you say makes a great deal of sense. I had surmised what you said about making the new format usable for mobile deivices. And it is likely that once the rough features are smoothed out, the new web mail will be an improvement.

I wish we could have had a choice to go back to the old format until the new one's rough features were gone. And it would have been nice for Comcast/Xfinity to ask for user's feed back along the way. Or did they?

Thanks,

FCG

New Poster

Just my $.02 regarding emptying the trash folder. I often have almost 100 messages in Trash. I thought it was not working at one point but found that I have to allow it to "perk" a bit.

So, if your number is still there, are you sure that those messages are really gone? Did you give the system some time to do it's work?

Contributor

BJT98,

I believe you are spot on. I probably did not give the program enough time to work. Given all the bells and whistles on the new web mail program,the action is not as fast as on the old program.

Thanks for your reply.

FCG--the impatient one...

Contributor

My problem with the new and "improved" format, is that my secondary Comcast email account, which is marked Secondary Account under my primary (like a folder), is now just that...a folder. I cannot receive, or access emails from that secondary account since last Saturday. I have been on 2 chats this week, the second time I was told it was escalated. I received a call back from a Comcast rep (missed the call) and the message was that it was resolved. This is twice I got the answer this was resolved. What was resolved? I can see but I can't find my secondary email address to receive messages. I don't even see it in my account set up.

Email Expert

It sounds like you just want to manage your secondary account within the primary---------yes?  If so, click on "Add mail account" in the folder pane and follow the prompts to enter it there.  Once that's done you can send and receive with the secondary without leaving the page.  It should also reflect any folders you have in the secondary.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Your answer was correct...except that it isn't working, and Comcast has not been able to fix this. My secondary email has always been accessible through my primary, and is now listed simply as a folder (and empty, at that!), as noted by the original poster. It won't let me add a new mailbox because it recognizes that it already exists, but won't let me reactivate it. It keeps saying, "Your mail account ----@comcast.net was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again." Neither Comcast chat nor the live person at the 800# has been able to fix this. I was told it would be fixed in another 48 hours, and a week later it is still blocked. I'll keep trying, but wanted you to know it isn't as easy a fix as it should be.

Email Expert

If you can see the account under "Add mail account", can you see a small black arrowhead to the left of it?  If so, click on it and see if anything happens.  Your folders including the Inbox should appear.  It might take a few seconds.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon