Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ms outlook 2007 and internet security warning

New Poster

ms outlook 2007 and internet security warning

Due to a virus, I have to start from scratch. I am using MS Vista and Office 2007. Everything is working but email. I have used the Comcast instructions of their website but continue to get a internet security warning popup and constant user passwork popup. I have put in the same user/pw to office 2007 which works fine when accessing of the web. Does anyone have an idea how I can get outlook goint again. It worked fine before our virus event. Thanks in advance, Tom.

Regular Contributor

Re: ms outlook 2007 and internet security warning

OK, I'm going to assume that when you wrote "start from scratch" that you had to reformat your hard drive and re-install both Vista and Office 2007. Because of Office 2007's age, the reason why you may be getting these security warnings is because you are starting fresh out again. The first thing to do is check your computer's time and date settings and make sure that your compter's time and date are set correctly. 

Then go to Start, Control Panel, then Windows Update and make sure that you re-download and re-apply all updates and Vista Service Packs (currently two) back to your system. You will be prompted to shut down and restart your computer. Once you restart your computer, run the Windows Update procedure again. You have to do this procedure several times since both Vista and Office 2007 are now 9 years old and there have been a lot of updates and two service packs for Windows Vista released since then. Once Windows Update tells you that you have no other updates avilable, run Windows Update again. This time click on the option where it says "Get updates for more products. A website will pop up and ask you to install the Microsoft Update program, which is the newest version. It is Microsoft Update that checks for updates to Office 2007 also. Office 2007 is currently in Service Pack 3, so you will have to download and re-apply all service packs back to Office 2007. Once you have spent about two to three days re-applying all service packs and updates back to your computer, try configureing your Comcast mail account to Outlook again and see if it works. You should no longer be getting any error messages after you have re-applied all service packs and updates to both Vista and Office 2007 back to your computer. If Comcast is the only e-mail account that you use, you can also try using the Xfinity Connect for Outlook tool and let it configure your account in Outlook for you.

I am not paid by Xfinity nor am I an official Xfinity Forum expert. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those in that program & I hope to one day join them. I am a paying customer just like U. Did I happen to answer your question or solve your issue? If so, then please consider giving me Kudos and / or marking my posting as an "Accepted Solution" so that the other contributors can go on to the next issue. Giving me Kudos and / or marking my postings as an "Accepted Solution" is the best way U can thank us. God bless.