Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

moving

New Poster

moving

I am moving and do not want to lose my e-mail address. will I be able to keep my address even if you do not service the area I am moving to?

Email Expert

Re: moving

Unfortunately no.  As with most ISPs, Comcast email is proprietary.  They don't offer free-standing email accouns like Gmail or Yahoo etc.  Once you cancel service you will no longer have access to your Comcast email.

If you want to keep any emails you have on the Comcast server, you can export them to another email service.  But you should open an account with Gmail, Outlook.com or some other and import your Comcast emails and contacts before you cancel service.  You could also set up the Comcast account in an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird and then put important emails in local folders you create.  That way you will have them on your computer.  If you only have a small number you want to keep you could just forward them to the new account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon