Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

missing some [but not all] ncoming email, and some [but not all] sent email didn't get delivered

New Poster

missing some [but not all] ncoming email, and some [but not all] sent email didn't get delivered

Hi!!

I appreciate your thoughts here, as I am quite puzzled...

I upgraded to WIn 10 several weeks back, and all seemed fine; it may have nothing to do with the problem.  I use a couple of laptops running Win 10 and Office Pro Plus 2013/Outlook to access my comcast email account.  I also access it using IPhone 6's mail program.  I also have Outlook and Xfinity Connect enabled on the IPhone...

the last few days I have had a problem -- some emails I sent out never were received.  And some that were sent to me never came through.  Most of the ones I sent had attachments, but nothing unusual, stuff that would normally go thru without a problem.  

I never received a failure notice or anthing indicating the email didn't go thru, but people weren't getting the things I sent...  

Any thoughts or suggestions???  Thanks again!!

Regular Visitor

Re: missing some [but not all] ncoming email, and some [but not all] sent email didn't get delivered

Exactly same experience as above.  Thinking of giving up on comcast and just emailing with gmail.

New Poster

Re: missing some [but not all] ncoming email, and some [but not all] sent email didn't get delivered

thought I would follow up/clarify -- all devices are configured using IMAP, not POP3.  I thought that might help narrow down the problem...

New Poster

Re: missing some [but not all] incoming email, and some [but not all] sent email didn't get delivered

update -- tech support at comcast suggested the spam filter was catching and deleting some incoming and some outgoing emails.  so lost emails can't be retrieved.  not sure this is the answer, but reset the spam filter to save spam rather than delete it. 

Thoughts??  Ideas??  suggestions?? [only those not involving a bridge, please].  Smiley Happy  Thanks!!