Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

missing Comcast email address book

New Poster

missing Comcast email address book

Two week ago I checked my address book and it was completely missing.  Empty!  I've been on the phone numerous times with both Comcast Repair and Security Assurance.  Repair checked a backup server and sent me a .csv file of my address book.  Looking at the entries, it was clear that the address book was not mine, but that of the wife of a good friend of mine.  So far, Comcast had not been able to restore my address book, although I was able to get much of it back through iCloud and my Apple iPhone contacts.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks

Email Expert

Re: missing Comcast email address book

The new email format has no backup utility.  But if you are still on the old email format, open the address book from the Inbox page, and on the landing page look up to the right.  You should see a link for "Backup and Restore".  This is in the Plaxo address book.  They keep backups several months back.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks, but apparently I'm not on the old email system.  I saw no tab for backup and restore.  I find it unconsconable that Comcast doesn't back up its paying customer's data or at least provide, advertise and tutor customers on a way to do it for themselves.  I lost some addresses that are 20+ years old and have no way to re-create them because the email addresses are the only contact info I had.

Email Expert

Just a thought-----------if you are in the new email format, open the Address Book, then in the left pane click on "Collected Addresses".   Are at least some of the missing ones in that folder?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon