Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

microsoft Outlook can not find comcast server

New Poster

microsoft Outlook can not find comcast server

I am trying to use Microsoft Outlook for my email activity via comcast mail. When I use the Outlook wizard to set up, it is able to connect to the internet but can not find the comcast server. I could set up using the manual method, but I don't know the comcast server incoming and outgoing address.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: microsoft Outlook can not find comcast server

@Johnmax3920 wrote:

I am trying to use Microsoft Outlook for my email activity via comcast mail. When I use the Outlook wizard to set up, it is able to connect to the internet but can not find the comcast server. I could set up using the manual method, but I don't know the comcast server incoming and outgoing address.

Incoming server
Server type: IMAP
Server name: imap.email.comcast.net 
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 993

Outgoing server
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Server port: 465
Authentication: As incoming mail server

All Replies
Expert

@Johnmax3920 wrote:

Incoming server
Server type: IMAP
Server name: imap.email.comcast.net 
Server port: 993

Outgoing server
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Server port: 465
Authentication: As incoming mail server

Gold Problem Solver

@Johnmax3920 wrote: ... I don't know the comcast server incoming and outgoing address.

For reference: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email