Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

maximum file size to attach to a comcast email

New Poster

maximum file size to attach to a comcast email

What is the maximum file size that I can attach to a comcast email?  If I am sending multiple attachments, does the total of all the attached files need to be less than the max allowable?

Email Expert

Re: maximum file size to attach to a comcast email

You will find that information here---------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/limitations-on-sending-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: maximum file size to attach to a comcast email

You could also zip the attachment, as long as the person you are sending to knows how to unzip it.

OR- you can google how to zip a file... Here is one exanple for you.

If you need to combine many files into one convenient file to send as an email attachment, or for back up purposes, the easiest way to do this is to create a zip file which is basically a compressed folder that contains multiple files.

1. Go to "My Computer", or use Windows Explorer or any other method you like to browse your hard drive.
  2. Select the files / folders you wish to zip (you can put them all into one folder, or hold ctrl and click on each individual file / folder)
  3. Right-Click on the selected file(s) / folder(s).
  4. Hover over Send To, then click on Compressed (zipped) Folder
  5. A zip folder should appear with the selected contents contained inside. The zipped folder acts as a single file. It may take some time for your computer to compile the new file.

The above process works in Windows XP and Vista. There are a variety of utilities out there such as WinZIP and WinRAR that can also perform this task. Most such utilities will install themselves into your right-click menu, meaning that you can right-click inside of Windows Explorer and choose to create a ZIP file out of selected files.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.