Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

lost functions in new email that I want back

New Poster

lost functions in new email that I want back

I want to see the size of my folders, like I used to be able to in the old email system.
Also, I want to right click on a sender to be able to see all messages from that sender, like I used to.
Also, I want to delete attachments to messages and still keep the message, like I used to.
Please respond about these lost convenient functions in email.

Email Expert

Re: lost functions in new email that I want back

BigAl71 wrote:

I want to see the size of my folders, like I used to be able to in the old email system.

Hover your mouse pointer over the folder and you should see the read and unread totals.
Also, I want to right click on a sender to be able to see all messages from that sender, like I used to.

Click on the sender's name in the header and you will get a large dialogue box with more information including other emails.
Also, I want to delete attachments to messages and still keep the message, like I used to.

The new format does not have this capability.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: lost functions in new email that I want back

More things I want back the way they used to be in the previous email format:
* I want my email tab to flash & play a little tone to alert me that a new email has arrived in my mailbox.
* I want emails to Open or Send immediately without waiting 20 seconds.

* I want the page text to be readable again, not the current pale grey in a tiny font.

* I want my colored folders back, that made it instantly easy to sort/locate/organize Saved emails.

* I want to be able to choose a permanent Default font/color/size for my emails and not have to redo it over and over.  
* I want to have every Received email retain the original font/color/size/format that the Sender chose, and I want their original email to be visible in the body of my Reply without having to click the faded dots.

* I want the other half of my Contacts in my Address Book back, that disappeared when the new email format began. 

BigAl71 wrote: