Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

lost emails

New Poster

lost emails

I lost hundreds of emails that were in my inbox that I could not find in trash or any other folder

Gold Problem Solver

Re: lost emails

You might some in the Recover Deleted messages.  RIGHT CLICK on the Trash folder, then click on the Recover a Deleted messages in the drop down.  A window will open shoeing the most deleted emails.  If you see any yiubarevlookingbfor, highlight them, then click on the small arrow on the upper left side of the window.  A new window will open, allowing you to move the highlighted messages back to your Inbox.

Now- Do you only use Xfinity Connect for email, or do you also use another email program, smartphone, or tablet?  If you do, you must make sure each one is checked to Save copies in the XC Inbox...otherwise they will be deleted from the Zcomcast server when opened in a different program.

And finally, please check your EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE.  To do:  Open the XC Inbox in XZc and click on PREFERENCES.  Next click on EMAIL.  A new window opens showing your settings.  Scroll down to tge a Schedule and open it.  Look at tge number of days up is currently set as to when the a Schedule AUTIMATICALLY deletes all emails from each Folder.  Tge number of days varies by type..Eg:  read/ unread folders, a Trash,etc.

Make any changes you wish to make to each folder.

Also look at the percentage of storage you have left in XC.  Tge max is 10g, but it takes a lot of email to reach that limit.

CAc

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: lost emails

The revover deleted items box is empty