Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

kgg_1----------Please Read

Email Expert

kgg_1----------Please Read

Your post contained personal information and was removed to a secure location. These are public forums, and you should never post account numbers, street addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, your full name, or anything else personally identifiable to you. Spammers and hackers can easily harvest that information. Your post is below with the information redacted or removed. Please read the forum guidelines for posting————————-

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

kgg_1 wrote:

Lost Emails not necessarily missing, found by the EMAIL "Search", are who knows where, on the email system, and "Generaly" cannot be moved, but sometimes can as I found out today 4-01-2016. Wherever these Emails are, the Search does not disclose either "Inbox" or any "Destination Folder" where the Emails Are definitely not now residing. The Search finds these so call lost Emails and I suppose moved them to "Unnamed Area". I was able to move some Emails back to Inbox and then redirect them to the proper destination Sub-Inbox Folders. One Email will not move. You can See the Email and read it, but not necessarily move it and you definitely cannot know where currently is in the Emaill system where it presently resides. If you do not know any Key-Word in the "Lost" Email Tittle you will never be able to do a "Search" for it or ever see it again. Comcasts Agent Telephone Email Tech support was and is at a total loss at this point and was no help of anykind. Sometimes you try to move an Email to a Sub Folder on the Left Side and sometimes not always the Current Sub-Folder Email Number Count does not change when these Emails are moved. In all appearances these specific moved Emails appear to be gone forever. Sender: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Email Expert

Re: kgg_1----------Please Read

I've done a little testing with the search function, and I have found that most of the time, if I search for a term and it finds the email it's in, it will usually highlight the folder it's in in the Folders pane at the left.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon