Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

is this a legit email from xFinity?

New Poster

is this a legit email from xFinity?

I am receiving this email attached.  Is it legit?  When i login into my account online, there is nothing to verify.

2017-12-11_13-52-18.jpg
Gold Problem Solver

Re: is this a legit email from xFinity?

cil9mxm wrote: I am receiving this email attached.  Is it legit? ...

Impossible to say for sure without knowing more about it, but looks like a phishing email, a scammer attempt to steal login and account information. If you check your email with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail, look for the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/comcast-verified-email/).

Please see Comcast Email Phish or Legit? How to Tell (and rules for posting) for more information about identifying, reporting, and posting phishing emails. The article is somewhat out of date, but still useful.

Samples of recent phishing messages can be found at http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/alerts under "Top Phishing Scams".

Official Employee

Re: is this a legit email from xFinity?

Hello cil9mxm, I would be happy to look at your account to see if there is any issues.  Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon