Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ipad incoming mail server name? I am trying to set up an ipad to receive mail from another outgoing server. What is the incoming mail serve

New Poster

ipad incoming mail server name? I am trying to set up an ipad to receive mail from another outgoing server. What is the incoming mail serve

I am trying to set up my ipad to receive mail from another outgoing server from work.  I don't know the incoming server name?  Please help.

Official Employee

Re: ipad incoming mail server name? I am trying to set up an ipad to receive mail from another outgoing server. What is the incoming mail s

Hi akimbo1!

Have you checked out this post that might answer your question? http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Macintosh/Having-trouble-connecting-your-email-account/td-p/2700313

--
John
xfinity.com/experience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Customer Expert

Re: ipad incoming mail server name? I am trying to set up an ipad to receive mail from another outgoing server. What is the incoming mail s

akimbo1 wrote:

I am trying to set up my ipad to receive mail from another outgoing server from work.  I don't know the incoming server name?  Please help.

You may be stumbling over the terms.

"incoming server" is where you receive the email from. That will often have imap or pop in its name. The IT people at work should give you that server's name.

"outgoing server" is where you send the email to have it go out to someone else. That often has smtp in its name. The IT folks at work should be able to give you that as well. For some of my other email accounts, I use Comcast's SMTP server for outgoing.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon