Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

internet stored pages

New Poster

internet stored pages

In managing my own web site, who experienced a server change a couple nights ago, I'm trying to see the new version. I've cleared all history folders, caches, etc. and cannot view the site on the new server. (it's marked in a way I will be able to identify it when it is showing - did this so I would know when the update was finished) Anyway, I'm told it's my isp or browser that is caching. I've shut down my computer. I've changed to 3 different browsers. Nothing fixes this. 

When does Comcast do a clearing of stored internet pages, or is there a way I can force this?

I'm on iMac desktop and using Sierra version 10.12.3  

thanks for any help.

Tags (3)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: internet stored pages

AFAIK Comcast does not cache web pages. I've never seen any evidence of that anyway. More likely, the pages haven't been changed, or something else is caching them.

Connection Expert

Re: internet stored pages

FWIW, try clearing the DNS cache in the desktop. Also try rebooting your router. The routing table in it may need clearing. YMMV. Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon