Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

internet and email freezing

New Poster

internet and email freezing

I am often forced to close my browser (both explorer and crome) because the email freezed up or the internet stops.  I have to go to the task manager to stop the application.  I thought it might be a problem with internet explorer, but I have the same problem when I use crome.  I my internet speed tests always come out good, but I get a lot of lost internet connectivity as well.

Frequent Visitor

Re: internet and email freezing

I have been having the same issue.  I spoke with a customer service rep and he told me to change my password.  I do not know if he did anything else on his end.  He didn't say.  That seemed to have worked for several days, but today I have been getting an "Xfinity page not responding" and asks if I want to recover the webpage.  I  am exploring the forums for any suggestions others might have. 

New Poster

Did the rep mean the e-mail password or the wifi password.  I have not changed my wifi password lately.  It could be that someone is using it, but I doubt it.  The houses are not that close together where I live.

Regular Visitor

I've been having the same thing happen and I'm not using wifi.  I tried a complete reset of IE11, but that hasn't solved the problem.  When my Xfinity email or the internet hangs, I have to use Task Manager to close the program.  Sometimes, instead of actually closing the program, it simply unhangs it; other times, it closes the program completely.

New Poster

Internet Explorer does not lock up when I surfe the net for information or shopping. However, when I go to my Xfinity email, email freezes up and I have to exit with task manager. However, in task manager, it indicates the connection is running instead of saying "not responding." How do I solve the Xfinity problem? It has really begun to be frustrating.