Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

importing of email addresses

New Poster

importing of email addresses

I have imported my email llist--but can not find it in my address book--where do I find it so that I can set-up my groups to send out emails. I have over 1800 names and do not want to type them all in by hand. Also how many can I send out at a time?

Thanks

Suzanne

Email Expert

Re: importing of email addresses

You imported a list how?  Did you export it from the other account as a .csv file or what?  If so it should be in your default download folder on the computer.  Did you then try to import it into the address book?

You can send to no more than 100 recipients per message, for a total of not more than 1000 per day.  The sending limits are here--------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/limitations-on-sending-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I set up my excel file to the sample template as a csv file--it shows that I have an imported file but does not go into the address book on my email list--I also set up a new email account xfinity connect--not sure why it went there--and it's even crazier with errors--I think I will have to try something else unless you know what I might try that would be easier--I have broken my list down to 25 names to import but that still doesn't work when i go to send an email--they show up in the address book but it doesn't let me send the email--it says internal error or something like that

New Poster

The error messge I keep getting is "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request" This show up whether I try emailing only 25 people or 100 from my imported names--thanks for any help!

Email Expert

OK this is confusing.  For one thing I am not familiar with Excell.  I'm on a Mac.  But that's another issue.  Did you export an address book from an email account to your computer?  If so, did you then import it into the Comcast account?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Excel is a Microsoft product that I use for maintaining mailing list database. It is used for other uses as well--
So no I did not export it from another email address book--but why would it have to if you have all the fields that the file requires--I almost have it but ran out of time today to work on it