Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

imap.comcast.net not responding

New Poster

imap.comcast.net not responding

For 24 hours I have not received any comcast email on either my Mac Pro or my iPad. Both had been working for years before this problem. Now comcast support tells me it must be my problem because their server checks out OK. So they're trying to tell me that something changed on both my Mac Pro and my iPad at the same time that caused me to get an "unable to connect to imap.comcast.net". I didn't change any configuration. The support girl even had me delete the account on my iPad so I could re-add it "properly". That didn't work because when trying to add the comcast account I got a, you guessed it: "imap.comcast.net is not responding" error message. They still insist it's my fault.

Odd that every thing else on the internet works including GMail. I can also get my mail by logging into my two accounts on the comcast website but is that really considered an efficient way to handle email?! 

For the time being I'm having my comcast email forwarded to other gmail accounts. At least Google still can handle email.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: imap.comcast.net not responding

There are many reports of a Comcast E-Mail problem.  

Comcast seems to be the last to know.

http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity

Service Expert

BillMutch wrote:

For 24 hours I have not received any comcast email on either my Mac Pro or my iPad. Both had been working for years before this problem. Now comcast support tells me it must be my problem because their server checks out OK. So they're trying to tell me that something changed on both my Mac Pro and my iPad at the same time that caused me to get an "unable to connect to imap.comcast.net". I didn't change any configuration. The support girl even had me delete the account on my iPad so I could re-add it "properly". That didn't work because when trying to add the comcast account I got a, you guessed it: "imap.comcast.net is not responding" error message. They still insist it's my fault.

Odd that every thing else on the internet works including GMail. I can also get my mail by logging into my two accounts on the comcast website but is that really considered an efficient way to handle email?! 

For the time being I'm having my comcast email forwarded to other gmail accounts. At least Google still can handle email.

Try changing to imap.email.comcast.net

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I’ve got the same problem- it just stopped working and Comcast walked me thru what the settings should be and still no emails!
Service Expert

wrote:
I’ve got the same problem- it just stopped working and Comcast walked me thru what the settings should be and still no emails!

Try changing the incoming mail server to imap.email.comcast.net .

And check your settings with the below:

Incoming server
Server type: IMAP
Server name: imap.email.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 993

Outgoing server
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 465
Authentication: As incoming mail server

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I've got the same problem.....for 1-2 hours now, can't access my email from either a PC on the comcast.net site nor my phone on the comcast app.  And emails haven't refreshed.  I've rebooted, reconnected my wifi several times.  Nothing has helped.  

Contributor

I cannot get my Xfinity Connect outgoing mail or incoming mail.

I tried to post on the comcast forum, but it asked for me to verify my 

e-mail address and password by sending a verification code to my mailbox.

How can that happen, if I cannot receive mail through their servers.

Contributor

Their email servers are down... its nothing to do with our systems... its all Comcast and they need to fix it.  Seems to be an ongoing problem with their system choking regularly in regions, but this time it is systemwide.

Contributor

@ wrote:

Their email servers are down... its nothing to do with our systems... its all Comcast and they need to fix it.  Seems to be an ongoing problem with their system choking regularly in regions, but this time it is systemwide.

How did you find that out....???.... 

I called and the lady said check all my connections etc.

I climbed on the roof and through the attic, and checked all the cable connects.

I found one that looked rusty, and I send my wife to home depot to buy new ones.

I cleaned it with sand cloth, and connected it together. 

I reset all boxes and all computers, and no mail working. 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation