Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iMessage, iCloud stopped working on eight different devices at the same time

Frequent Visitor

iMessage, iCloud stopped working on eight different devices at the same time

I have three iPhones, four iPads, and a MacBook in the house that have all been happily using the Internet via Comcast for a variety of different things - including iMessage and Apple's iCloud services. This includes sending and receiving messages, syncing the photos, and backing up the devices to the cloud when they are plugged in.

Three days ago, every bit of this stopped working except for iMessages with text only (pictures do not work). Photos will not sync, devices do not back up, and no one is able to send or receive picture messages via iMessage with other i-devices.

Comcast support has run me in circles, hung up on me, blacklisted my cell phone from calling them, and then insisted it was an Apple issue (even though 100% of this works properly when I am NOT connected to Apple via Comcast).

Is there any way to get someone to look at this in deep detail? Everyone at Comcast keeps trying to send me to "Advanced Technical Support", even AFTER I tell them that A) hardwiring my MacBook directly to the modem still does not work and Comcast does not own ANY of the equipment in my house (and the Advanced Tech people are W-Fi techs).

I'm ready to rip out the Internet services and be done with Comcast FOREVER (I've already tanked their TV and phone services because they're a rip-off).

Help?

New Poster

Re: iMessage, iCloud stopped working on eight different devices at the same time

It's been killing me too. I've noticed the Comcast router is only giving out IPv6 addresses to my apple devices and it's reeking havoc on my network. I've hard to manual set static IPv4 addresses on all my apple devices. There appears to be no way to turn off the IPv6 DHCP on the router. Horrible.

Frequent Visitor

Re: iMessage, iCloud stopped working on eight different devices at the same time

IPV6 has nothing to do with the issue.